Thursday 27 September 2012

Woodyland-Part One




So I arrived at work one miserable, wet, day last week to find Dave, one of our regular customers, curled up on the cold-wet pavement outside. Dave's icy fingers were as blue as the deck of Aviators he had fallen asleep clutching. I could have sworn he was snoring to the tune of Rachmaninoff's "Flight of the Bumblebee". No he hadn't been thrown out of his house. I knew Dave was waiting for something special. I reached out to shake him. Waking with a jump he yelled out "ANY CARD IS POSSIBLE!!". Taking Dave into the warmth of our shop, he told me about a strange dream he had had wherein appeared a vision of Ascanio, telling him something special was coming, and he should camp out in front of our shop overnight. Just as Dave finished his cup of tea, the rain stopped, the clouds parted, and a bright light appeared outside (well I say appeared, they were the headlights of a UPS van. Don't shoot me for wanting this to sound more theatrical!). The driver, dressed all in beige, dropped off a crate at our door, and vanished into the fog. I saw Dave's eyes cloud over. He pushed me aside. It was like watching the distinguished Dr Jekyll transmogrify into the hulking Mr Hyde. Dave tore the sides off the crate with his bare hands and held aloft his prize that had been lying within. Woodyland was finally here. The ghost of Ascanio had been right!

Dave shot from the shop, leaving behind a Dave shaped cloud of dust. After we managed to get the door back on it's hinges, we placed the remaining copies of Woodyland onto the shelves. The long wait was finally over!This is going to take me some time to fully share all of my thoughts on this DVD set. I am a huge fan of Woody's work and have really enjoyed absorbing all four discs. Over the next few posts, I will share with you my thoughts on this fantastic set.






No comments:

Post a Comment